Fall 2009 season OP/ED themes post! Kindly note that this is quite subjective as it’s listed as “Top 5″ ranked according to my preference, followed by randomly listed titles as “special mention.”
~ Format :: “Song title” by band/artist (OP#/ED# – anime series title)
- My Top 5 OP/ED themes this Fall:
– Very good song. I love the catchy funky upbeat melody, especially the bass parts, and I really love Suga-sama’s voice~❤ OK, I might be biased since I’ve loved Suga Shikao’s stuff ever since I heard his songs in Honey and Clover, but really, this is a very good song!
The full song includes Mummy-D’s rap part toward the end of the song. The single will be released on November 25, 2009. Counting down the days! ^^
– This is a nice song, although I didn’t like it as much when I first heard it in episode 2 of the series. I guess I was kinda expecting a more bada$$ and rock-ish(?) song, kinda like (“Howling” by abingdon boys school) and (“Kakusei Heroism ~The Hero Without a Name~” by Antic Cafe) OP1 and OP2, respectively, from Darker than Black‘s first season. But then, after an episode, I realized that this song fit the second season pretty well as Suou is more of the lead character now rather than Hei. I’ve been warming up to this song every time I hear it, and I think it’s one of the good ones this Fall.
3. “From Dusk Till Dawn” by abingdon boys school (ED #1 – Darker than Black: Ryuusei no Gemini)
– watch: anime ED — music video
– It’s a very nice rock ballad from abingdon boys school. I’m not exactly a fan of ABS, but I do kinda like them and I do find most of their songs really nice to listen to.
4. “From the Beginning to End” by Ryu (OP #1 – Winter Sonata)
– watch: anime OP — music video
– A very nice and bittersweet-sounding love song. This Korean ballad kinda gives me goosebumps and tugs at my heartstrings every time I listen to it. I love the piano and the strings part the most. Also of note is that it’s the same opening song as the one in the original 2002 Korean drama of the same title.
I’m still not sure if I’m gonna keep watching this series, but this I know for sure, Winter Sonata has one of the best BGM this season. I love, love, love the music. Especially all the instrumental pieces and that Nutcracker-ish sounding music in episode 0 (when the lead guy picked up the kid’s book). ^^
5.1 “Moeruyou na Koi ja naikedo” by Tsuru (ED #3 – Cross Game)
– watch: anime ED – music video
– It’s a tie for #5! First is this ED song from Cross Game. I really love the melody and the guitar parts. The chorus is nice as well. I love Cross Game too (go watch it or read the manga now!) I don’t really know what else to say… Why don’t you just take a listen? ^_^
The single will be released on November 11, 2009 [which reminds me of a cool contractor from Darker than Black ;)]
5.2 “Kimi no Todoke” by Tanizawa Tomifumi (OP #1 – Kimi ni Todoke)
– watch: anime OP — music video
– It’s a tie for #5! Second is this OP tune from Kimi ni Todoke. I love the beat of this song, especially the intro part. The chorus part is pretty catchy too. This series is love~❤ The story is really good and the characters are quite well written. Seriously, if you like romantic comedies that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, you should really check this out! ^^
Special Mention: (just click on the song title to watch & listen to the anime OP/ED) – in random order –
- “Snow fairy” by FUNKIST (OP #1 – Fairy Tail)
- “Believe You” by Yoonji (ED #1 – Winter Sonata)
- “Light Infection” by Prague (OP #8 – Gintama) – I included this because it was this series’ OP/ED song as the Fall 2009 season started.
- “Sanagi” by POSSIBILITY(ED #9 – Gintama) – See previous comment.
- “Sakurabito” by Sun Set Swish (ED #21 – Bleach) – Ditto
- “Anima Rossa” by Porno Graffitti (OP #8 – Bleach) – Ditto
- “Magic” by Rina Aiuchi (OP #27 –Detective Conan) – Ditto
- “Hikari” by BREAKERZ (ED #34 – Detective Conan) – Ditto
- “Sign” by FLOW (OP #6 – Naruto Shippuden) – Ditto
- “Kataomoi” by Chara (ED #1 – Kimi ni Todoke)
- “montage” by Kenn, Ryotaro Okiayu, Yuki Kaji, Masakazu Morita (OP #1 – Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~ )
- “Stories” by Shuhei Kita (ED #1 – Miracle Train ~Oedo-sen e Youkoso~)
- “Magic Number” by Maaya Sakamoto (OP #1 – Kobato.)
- “Jellyfish’s Confession” by Megumi Nakajima (ED #1 – Kobato.)
- “Strawberry ~Amaku Setsunai Namida~” by Asami Imai (ED #1 – Nyan Koi!)
- “Hatenaki Michi” by HIMEKA (ED #1 – Letter Bee)
- “Unreal Paradise” by Minami Kuribayashi (OP #1 – Kampfer)
- “Arrival of Tears” by Ayane (OP #1 – 11eyes)
- “Sequentia” by Asriel (ED #1 – 11eyes)
- “Yell for Dream! PATISSIERE” by Gojyo Mayumi (OP #1 – Yumeiro Patissiere) –> I think it’s ending song is better, but I can’t find the title. >.<
- “Light of Dawn” by Annabel (ED #1 – Tatakau Shisho – The Book of Bantorra)
- “only my railgun” by fripSide (OP #1 – To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
- “Dear My Friend – Mada Minu Mirai he-” by ELISA (ED #1 – To Aru Kagaku no Railgun)
- “Touen Ketsugi ~Touen no Chnkai~” by Rekka (OP #1 – Shin Koihime Musou)
- “Oyasumi Paradox” by Etsuko Yakushimaru (OP #1 – Natsu no Arashi Akinai-chuu)
- “Kimi ga Imai Mirai” by Do as Infinity (OP #1 – Inuyasha: The Final Act)
- “Upside Down” by Denki Groove (OP #1 – Trapeze)
- “Mugen” by Nana Mizuki (OP #2 – White Album)
- “Akai Ito” by Suara (ED #3 – White Album)
- “Soba ni Irareru Dake De” by blue drops (ED #1 – Sora no Otoshimono)
- “Niji-iro Pocket” by Natsumi Kiyoura (ED #1 – Sasameki Koto)
- “Kanashii Hodo Aoku” by Natsumi Kiyoura (OP #1 – Sasameki Koto)
- “Tsunai Da Te” by Lil’B (ED #3 – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
- “Golden Time Lover” by Sukima Switch (OP #3 – Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
Most of the songs are from anime I’ve seen (or at least seen 1 episode of this Fall or heard the OP/ED song somewhere, or was recommended to me by someone), so I might’ve missed some good songs from series I don’t usually watch.
~ Which OP/ED songs made your “favorites” list this Fall 2009?
You might also want to check out: