It’s posted a little late since I’ve been swamped with work. Anyway, here’s my usual seasonal OP/ED themes post; this time for Fall 2008. Please note that this list is pretty much subjective since it’s listed as “Top 5″ ranked according to my preference, followed by randomly listed titles as “special mention.”
There are several special mentions this time around. Quite a lot of fairly good songs this season; I had a bit of a hard time picking out my top 5…
~ Format: “Song title” by band/artist (OP#/ED# – anime series title)
- My Top 5 OP/ED themes this Fall:
1. “Tokyo and Paris” by Emiri Miyamoto x solita (ED#1 – Nodame Cantabile Paris-hen)
– watch: anime ED — music video
– Very nice and easy to listen to. Love the beat, love the melody, love the violin parts… Um, so basically, I simply love everything about it. xD The single is to be released on 11/12 (I think), so I’ll just edit the music video link once it’s out. ^_^
– Kinda weird band name, but quite a good song. Such a pity they show the preview while the nice song intro is playing.
– Another song that is very nice and easy to listen to. I really like the melody. The anime series didn’t quite meet my expectations, but it has one of the best BGM/insert songs around!
– I found the first episode of Casshern Sins too emo and confusing to watch, so I didn’t bother to check out the other episodes. However, I liked its OP song, which sounded pretty good to me. It’s quite a catchy tune. I especially like the guitar parts.
– This song is a very nice ballad. I like the chorus part the most. Too bad it’s from a series that’s a little on the blah side for me.
Special Mention: (just click on the song title to watch & listen to the anime OP/ED)
– in random order –
- “Feeling” by AciD FLavoR (OP #1 – Hakushaku to Yousei)
- “Lost in Blue” by Nightmare (OP #1 – Mouryou no Hako)
- “Naked Love” by Nightmare (ED #1 – Mouryou no Hako)
- “Kiss of Monochrome” by SID (OP #1 – Kuroshitsuji)
- “I’m ALIVE!” by BECCA (ED #1 Kuro shitsuji)
- “Vanilla Salt” by Horie Yui (ED #1 – Toradora!)
- “Suppin Rock” by Ogawa Mana (OP#1 – Hyakko)
- “PSI-missing” by Mami Kawada (OP#1 – To Aru Majutsu no Index)
- “JUST TUNE” by savage genius (OP#1 – Yozakura Quartet)
- “Bouken Houkiboshi” by Enomoto Kurumi (ED#1 – Tales of the Abyss)
- “Gekidou” by UVERworld (OP#4- D.Gray Man) – I included this because it was this series’ OP song as the fall 2008 season started. I don’t watch this series, though.
- “Hitohira no Hanabira” by Stereo Pony (ED#17 – Bleach) – I included this ED song for the same reason as the previous one. Even though I’ve never seen a single episode of this series, I like some of its OP/ED themes.
- “CLOSER” by Inoue Joe (OP#4 – Naruto Shippuden) – Included for the same reason. Never seen a single episode of this either, but I’ve been informed previously that some of its OP/ED themes are nice.
- “MYSTERIOUS” by Naifu (OP#24 – Detective Conan) – Same reason. Only difference is I do watch this series.
- “Go Your Own Way” by Shizukusa Yumi (ED#31 – Detective Conan) – Ditto. ^^
Most of the songs are from anime I’ve seen (or at least seen 1 episode of this fall season or heard the OP/ED song somewhere), so I might’ve missed some good songs from series I don’t usually watch.
~ Which Fall 2008 OP/ED songs made your “favorites” list?
You might also want to check out: